A good couple of months ago Angie at GnomeAngel nominated me for the Leibster Award. I’ve had to mull over the questions for a while to make sure I could do her questions justice, but as the year is drawing to a close it’s time to hit publish.
What is the Leibster Award? Basically you get nominated by your blogging peers. You answer a series of questions about yourself, and then come up with your own series of questions which are to be answered by bloggers that you then have to nominate. It seems there have been a few variations of the “rules” around the Leibster award (here is one post that gives some good insight). Mostly I see it as a great way to share a little bit more about me, and to hopefully give some of my fellow bloggers a bit of exposure too. It’s like a chain letter for bloggers, but ultimately it’s a bit of fun.
The rules I have tried to follow are these:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!) I admit I didn’t look at the number of followers my nominated bloggers had.
4. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
5. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So sit back, take a load off…it’s time to have a peek into my scattered brain!!
What word do you think you overuse?
I’d have to say as the mum of an 18month old my most overused word is ‘No’…although I am very conscious of not overusing it with her at the moment. ‘No’ would be followed by ‘darling’ though!
If I take off the mum-hat though, it would be ‘awesome’…both words feel terribly clichéd but, hey, that’s me sometimes 🙂
Best piece of advice you have gotten so far?
The most recent advice that springs to mine was given to me when I was pregnant. One of my very good friends told me that everyone will have advice and opinions they will want to share with you when baby is born…just say “thankyou’ and then do whatever feels right for you.
That sounds so simple, and so logical…but it really was advice I found myself coming back to in those early days, and it helped to minimise the anxiety that came with being a first-time mum. I find I still refer to that advice in other areas of my life now….and that’s a big shift for me. I used to take on so many people’s opinion I lost my own voice for a while. Now I feel it’s come back and I’m so much happier.
What would you want written on your tombstone?
“She mattered to those that mattered to her”
Ultimately I just want to mean something to those that I love.
Which song do you find it impossible to resist singing in the car when you hear it on the radio?
‘Gold” by Spandau Ballet…absolutely.every.single.time. Or anything by ACDC!
What movie would you live in if you could?
OK..this is tough…as I love so many movies for so many reasons, but I am especially a sucker for a musical with fabulous costumes…therefore Moulin Rouge would be my pick…any Baz Luhrmann movie though will be just fine!
I think in my do-over life I would be a costume designer…or a talented actress who gets to play different roles!!
Do you like surprises, or are you like me and too impatient?
I like surprises.
What’s your favourite annual holiday and why?
Has to be Christmas….my mum loves Christmas and I think that’s rubbed off. Our childhood home get’s lit up like the Griswald’s every year. Now that Peanut is a bit older we will be having lots of fun of a different kind again at this time of year. Right now she loves having the Christmas tree up and playing with the decorations and hiding behind it. She doesn’t quite get Santa, but that will come with time. I’m looking forward to it.
Whilst I love Christmas in Australia… a hot Christmas sitting around in shorts and a tshirt instead of huddled next to a fire is normal for me… how much would I love to put Peanut in a big fluffy reindeer costume??!!
Hmmmm…maybe going back to question 5, the movie I really would like to live in is Elf?
What’s your most endearing quality?
This is a question you almost need to ask my friends and not me…mostly because this requires me to think positively about myself, and that’s strangely uncomfortable sometimes. I guess it would be my sense of fair-play. I like to give everyone a fair chance, to share their story/opinion. I like to think I don’t judge. I think sometimes people see that as being naive, or even weak, but to me it’s the right thing to do. Maybe that’s the Buddy (see pic above) in me coming out 🙂
What’s the best joke you have ever heard (or the one you are most likely to remember when asked to tell a joke)?
This is something I suck at badly…I don’t know ANY jokes except for the chicken crossing the road!!! If I’m going to make a joke it’s usually at my own expense.
Which Mr/Miss Men would you be?
There are three Little Miss characters I connect with…Little Miss Helpful, Little Miss Whoops and Little Miss Curious.
So there you have it….any surprises there?
MY NOMINEES ARE…
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES TO ANSWER ARE…
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
3. Where do you get your inspiration from?
4. What does a day in your life look like?
5. Do you have any creative hobbies you don’t blog about?
6. If you are asked to ‘bring a plate’ to a get together what’s your favourite food to bring?
7. Are you a party goer, thrower or avoider?
8. How many creative projects do you have in progress right now?
9. Tell us about all the different places you have lived so far in your life.
10. What is a favourite memory of each place you have lived?
Remember guys, just have fun with it! Oh and there’s no time frame…no pressure to do it now, especially as it’s a busy time of year. Just let me know when you are done as I would love to read your answers!