I’m so happy to have ticked another quilt top off the list! You may remember a while ago I posted about my All Squared Out quilt? Well today I finally finished all the borders on the quilt!
This quilt has many firsts for me:
- It’s the first quilt I’m making for hubby.
- It’s the first quilt in which I used my 1/4″ foot on my machine (and I haven’t looked back!).
- It’s the first time I used a layer cake.
- It’s the first quilt in which I have used a solid fabric as a significant part of the quilt.
- It was also the first quilt I followed a pattern for.
With still a long way to go, I am also hoping this might be the first quilt that I will do my own machine quilting on. Some people might say it’s a big project to attempt this on…but today I am thinking “go hard, or go home!”. Wish me luck!