Driving in the car today one of my favourite songs at the moment came on warranting an increase in volume and mandatory head nodding along with some awesome, at the top of my voice singing!! The song was Beyonce’s “I was Here”. It got me thinking about my Top 10 songs to belt out to in the car. There is something therapeutic about the whole act.
The following, therefore, is my list (in no particular order) that, at some time, have been on high rotation in the car whenever I’ve been on my own:
- Dream On – Aerosmith (even the Glee version will do….it’s got Neil Patrick Harris (Barney) in it!!)
- Edge of Seventeen – Stevie Nicks. How can you not sing your heart out to this?
- Gold – Spandau Ballet
- F*** You – Lily Allen … a particularly good song at the end of a tough day at work.
- You Sound Like Louis Burdett – The Whitlams. Reminds me of my Canberra friends.
- I Am The One and Only – Chesney Hawkes
- Your Song – the version from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack
- Rodeo – Garth Brooks (actually anything from Garth is fine with me). It reminds me of my uni days in Armidale…good times.
- Kids – Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue
- Club Tropicana – Wham
What do you like to belt out in the car?